Statues and figures of the Fonte Luminosa on Jardim
de Alameda Dom Afonso Enriques, on 14th July 2016, in Lisbon, Portugal. Built in 1940 during WWII when Lisbon was a neutral safe haven, it was named “fonte luminosa” luminous fountain because of its light displays at night. The fountain was built to celebrate the regular supply of water to the eastern part of the city. Although originally conceived in 1938, it was inaugurated only on 30 May 1948.