UK - Bolton Abbey - Wide cemetery landscape.
Wide landscape of the 12th-century ruins Augustinian monastery—now generally known as Bolton Priory. It sits within the landscape of the Yorkshire Dales, adjacent to the village of Bolton Abbey. The monastery was founded in 1154 by the Augustinian order, on the banks of the River Wharfe. The land at Bolton, as well as other resources, were given to the order by Lady Alice de Romille of Skipton Castle in 1154. It is now a popular loaction for families and walkers who can trek the River Wharfe upstream into ancient woodland.Add to Cart Add to Lightbox Download